Re: wireless network problems

The orinoco gold card is about a year old now, and it worked with Xandros, a commercial distro based on debian woody.

Nate Duehr wrote:

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 11:54 am, Tim Folger wrote:
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your advice. My Orinoco gold card uses128-bit encryption,
but a wireless gateway I use (called the RG-1000, manufactured by
Lucent) specifies a five-character-long alphanumeric key for both
computers on my home network.  So I'm not sure how I would go about
converting that to a 26-character key. If you have any advice I'd
appreciate it.

Just as a side-note, Orinoco recently changed chipsets to one that currently does not have a Linux driver (without warning) from some reading I was doing on the web. How new is that Orinoco card? The old Gold and Silver cards do fine... if it's not one made recently... it should work okay.