Re: wireless network problems

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 11:54 am, Tim Folger wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> Thanks for your advice. My Orinoco gold card uses128-bit encryption,
> but a wireless gateway I use (called the RG-1000, manufactured by
> Lucent) specifies a five-character-long alphanumeric key for both
> computers on my home network.  So I'm not sure how I would go about
> converting that to a 26-character key. If you have any advice I'd
> appreciate it.

Just as a side-note, Orinoco recently changed chipsets to one that
currently does not have a Linux driver (without warning) from some
reading I was doing on the web.  How new is that Orinoco card?  The old
Gold and Silver cards do fine... if it's not one made recently... it
should work okay.

--
Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com