harddisks in Tosh Sat Pro 4600's

anyone know how to replace the hard disk on a toshiba
satellite pro 4600? (Googling has proved fruitless)

motherboard appears to have packed up, which I think
means the only way to rescue the data is to rip out
the disk and copy it in another machine.

It's getting it out of the tosh that I'm unsure about.

The place I bought it from will replace the laptop,
but I'm not sure they will copy the data across.

The annoying part being i'd convinced my other half to
try linux on her laptop, spent all weekend getting it
installed and setup so she wouldn't need to use the
command line, and she was delighted with it, and
happily using it for the last few days.

And now, it is just plain dead.  Grrrr.