configuring Realtek adapter in Woody

I've been working further at trying to get my Realtek network adapter
configured in Woody. I found that the driver is installed even in the
stable package.

   /lib/modules/2.2.20/net/8139oo.o

When I ran pppoeconf offered this driver and applied it to eth0, which
seems right, but then when pppoeconf tests it, the connection still won't
set up.

It says "Looking for pppoe Access concentrator on eth0" but then reports no
response. I'm wondering if it might be necessary to add or delete some
lines to an appropriate configuration file somewhere.

I am pretty sure that this is the right driver, because when I try a net
install with Sarge, I am able to establish a DHCP connection by selecting
this driver (but then the installation crashes later on, so I decided to
just try to make the connection on Woody for now...).

Hope there are more ideas on this.

Chuck

Charles Muller
Toyo Gakuen University