Re: Configuring dhcp

Charles Muller wrote:
After spending a day trying to get my ADSL connection working on Woody
to no avail, I figured I'd download the Sarge CD's, and give a try. In
the process of HW detection, early in the installation, I got:

    The rtl8139 module required for Realtek RTL-8139 is missing from
    this installation disk. If you want to load it from a driver floppy,
    then insert this floppy disk before proceeding

    A driver floppy is a ext2 floppy with one file, modules.tgz. The
    content of modules.tgz is unpackaged in the installation root
    directory.

My network adapter is indeed this one, so I went to the Realtek site,
downloaded the driver for the 2.4 kernel, formatted a floppy as ext2,
packed the driver into a file named modules.tgz, copied to the floppy
and gave it a try. The error message is:

mount: mounting /dev/floppy/0 on /mnt failed: no such file or directory

Any suggestions?

Chuck

Charles Muller
Toyo Gakuen University
Faculty of Humanities 1660 Hiregasaki, Nagareyama-shi
Chiba 270-0161 JAPAN

<acmuller@gol.com>
http://www.acmuller.net
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787

I think you have to put the drivers decompacted (in .o) in the correct folder of your floppy (something like /lib/modules/drivers/net)

Guix