Re: help on exim configuration

Paulo Lopes wrote:
Hi,

My laptop is almost all day connected to the internet, however i work in diferent places so i'm on the move most of the time. I'd like to install and configure exim to send and receive the local users e-mail. I've tryed to do it but last night i let the laptop on and in the morning i found out that it has been used to relay spam-mail.

Can someone show me a simple configuration for exim that enables local users to read mail and only relay mail for local users. I need to relay because since i'm not always in the same network i don't want to configure the mail cliente everytime i change my work place. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Paulo Lopes

If I am not wrong, the sample exim4.conf shipped with the exim4 package already contains something like that. You can read the ACL section, which is pretty self-explained. Basically, it allow local user, and you also can define allowed relay hosts, etc.

--
Yours sincerely,                        \|||/
                                        (o o)