Re: irq problems (non-pcmcia) on toshiba

Tony Godshall wrote:
> According to deetee,

> > > Compiling the kernel without APIC support is what uses to be the best option
> > > for laptops... have you tryed that?  8-?
> >
> > no, but i can't see this will help - as i included in the last mail my
> > dmesg tells me that APIC is not running anyhow. _not_ putting it in the
> > kernel will not help me stop my video, my sound, my usb and my eth being
> > on the same irq...?
> >
> > or am i missing something here?
>
> For my sony vaio, apic is mandatory if you want to use the
> thumbwheel of the touchpad or control screen brightness.

ok  -
it is compiled in the kernel, but is  not apparently running.
investifation says this is unsurprising as it's a PIII Coppermine, and
apparently Intel removed the local APIC.
flags in /proc/cpuinfo does not mention "apic"
so that's the end of the APIC story i guess.

so - how do i get these things on different irqs??
is it possible?

if not - how oh how can i stop my sound output having silences??