Re: Shutdown after Standby?

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:50:10 +0100
Jakob Külzer <Jakob@TarnkappenBaum.org> wrote:

> Hi *,
> i got a strange little problem here! Following situation:  My laptop
> is a Asus L3D with AMD XP 2600+! Kernel is a 2.6.0-test9 with ACPI
> compiled as modules! System is Debian unstable/testing! So far so
> good... Here the problem: if i trigger standby for my laptop by using
> "echo 1 > /proc/ acpi/sleep" the system goes to a standby as expected
> but if press a key to wake it up it immediatly starts switching to
> runlevel 0.... halt...
>
> So what the heck is going on?? Is this a problem with my init, my
> kernel, my debian...... with me?? (;

My feeling with ACPI sleep modes is that it's still in its infancy, I
have seen some progress in the past year (the system no longer crashes
when going down, but only when it wakes up ;), but it's still unusable
for me. If you really want a sensible answer regarding ACPI I think
acpi-devel@lists.sourceforge.net is the list you want to ask on.

grts Tim