Re: ACPI on IBM Thinkpad T30

Serge Gebhardt may (or may not) have said:

> does anyone get ACPI working on the IBM Thinkpad T30? I tried quite some
> patches, kernel 2.4.x, 2.5.x and up to 2.6-test5, without success. I
> also upgraded the BIOS to fix the ECDT bug.

I'm assuming you've got the 2.04 bios ? 2.6.0-test9 works fine. I worked
with the ACPI kernel folks to resolve all these issues (from non-working,
through panics and deadlocks) on the T30.

You'll want to grab test9 for the new synaptics driver too, if you've
got the T30 with the ultranav device, the touchpad and the glidepoint
are registered as separate devices and the middle button works too, no
need for any external userspace drivers or X hacking.

Mike