Re: Different Network Environments

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 03:37:53PM +0200, kasper.ronning@hut.fi wrote:
> Hi
>
> What package do you recommend for managing different network
> environments? I don't like waiting for ages trying to get a DHCP address
> when I'm at home. I also have three NICs, two of which are WLAN cards.
> Is there some application that can eaasily map a predefined list of
> network settings (including DNS resolving, wireless settings, etc.) to
> interfaces, and then at either bootup or at runtime, choose the network
> environment I'm in?

Have a look at netenv.
It allows you to setup you entire environment, not just network from a
boot menu (with the option of a timeout), or you can restart manually
(usefull if you suspend).
You will need to write the script to do the actual work though (although
the debian package has an example one which is good enough for a
standard setup).