Re: wireless configuration questions

Thanks again for all your help. I'll try to tackle it this weekend. With any luck debian will soon be my main os.

Tim

Joey Hess wrote:

Tim Folger wrote:
Thanks very much for your advice, Joey. At this point I've altered the configuration files so much that I might have to reinstall debian to straighten things out

Hardly, you just need to dpkg --force-depends --purge pcmcia-cs and then
reinstall it with apt.

, so I think I'll wait for the (imminent?) release of sarge and then start over again. Assuming I'm able to configure the card using only /etc/network/interfaces, would I also need to start the interface from a console with ifup whenever I reboot? Just out of curiosity, are you using woody, sarge, or sid?

I use all of the above.

pcmcia-cs takes care of bringing up interfaces when a card is inserted
and on boot, so you do not need to manually ifup them.