Re: Inittab runlevel problem

Hi...

Thank you everybody for the suggestions. I did edit my /etc/rc2.d and
removed the link to gdm. Now Im able to get to virtual terminal. Now to
the other problem :)

Let me talk abt my setup here. The machine Im trying to get Linux going is
a desktop and for some reasons I do not have permission to put it on any
form of a network. It is at my school and is basically cut off from the
rest of the world. Im using my laptop to communicate with this group.!So
it may not be possible for me always paste my config files immediately
here.Im working with woody and 2.2.20 kernel. My video card is nvidia
geforce2 mx 400, logitech wheel usb  mouse.

When I start kdm/gdm, no input from the keyboard or mouse is recognized.
What type of mouse port should I select when reconfiguring xfree86 ? It
gives me the foll options :
/dev/psaux/
/dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS1... and so on till ttyS3
/dev/input/mice
/dev/atibm/
/dev/sunmouse/
/dev/gpmdata

I will try to get the xf86config file here..(only if i can find a damn
floppy :) )

Thanks for the help and patience.

--Ashish