Re: USB disk, SCSI , and /etc/fstab

Thanks for your reply.

Mattia Dongili wrote:
On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 08:48:09PM +0200, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

Mattia Dongili wrote:

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 08:03:17PM +0200, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

Hello List,

is there a way to configure my laptop
to assign alway the same SCSI dev to my
USB disk whatever the order they are pluged ?

I don't know but I think not.
You could take advantage of the callback script of hotpulg to add and
remove an fstab entry.

hth, bye

Thanks for your reply:
I am not (yet) very familiar with hotplug stuff:
please can give a name to the "callback" script.

I think you could tweak with /etc/hotpulg/usb.agent, it's a bash script.
See the beginning of the file for ... uh!

fellowing the mechanism in the script,
I wrote a `/etc/hotplug/usb/usb-storage' script to solve my issue.

I found a very usefull tool while looking at usb.agent: updfstab It's in the kudzu package, install it, read the man page and tweak
usb.agent to call it in the add) case as it's already done in
the remove) case

(backup your fstab file before experimenting :)

hth
Thanks