Re: add kernel modules

Tom wrote:
Hi list,

i am trying to install debian on a dell inspiron 5000e, using netinst
cd image.

however the pcmcia xircom card won't work. Silly problem: i just don't
know how to add the tulip module. i have it on disk, but can't tell
the installer to look there.
any help is appreciated.

I'm not familiar with the current installer (been a while since I installed on a new box), but the following has worked for me in the past:
 - do ctrl-alt-F2 to switch out of the installer to a console
 - if necessary mount the partition where you have tulip.o
 - insmod tulip.o

--
jason kraftcheck