Re: Pentium-M

Hi Magnus,

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 12:17:34PM +0100, Magnus von Koeller wrote:
> You're right, this was due to cpufreqd changing it back. If I disable
> that, it stays at the 600Mhz-600Mhz range. But still, /proc/cpuinfo
> always gives
> cpu MHz         : 1294.774
>
> So, it's not working, is it?

 You could try to guess your actual cpu freqency with the program
bogomips. You have to keep in mind, that the result is in some cases
(all Intel and AMD Pentium variations) is only half of the one in
cpuinfo (for further info look into the BogoMips mini howto).
For this CPUs the output is nearly the clock frequency. But im not sure
in which category of CPUs the Centorino is falling. Just try it with the
600MHz and 1300MHz settings and see if the value differs.

Greetings
 KH

--
GnuPG Public Key:    http://www.eischer.net/gpg/public.key
      Fingerprint:   B168 B53F AAF6 8A79 DDA7  A9A4 5E82 1AF6 581A 1B06

// In a world without walls and fences who needs Windows and Gates ? //