Re: Pentium-M

Hello,

[snip]
> I think something has to be wrong... 1 1/2h battery life using a Centrino
> based laptop?  8-?
>
> Mine's an Acer TM290, and the battery lasts about 4h under linux (never
> tryed that under windows).  Of course it depends on your use of it but...
>
> Are you using cpufreq?  Is your laptop running at a lower speed when on
> battery (cat /proc/cpuinfo)?  8-?

I am using a T 40 (Pent. M as well), it lasts about 3 h with kde3.1 but I
would be keen to extend the battery life when running on battery only or on
low battery.

my cpu MHz value is the same when runnign on battery or not - how do I
activate cpufreq that? It is a program or a function?

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 9
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1300MHz
stepping        : 5
cpu MHz         : 1298.912
cache size      : 0 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 tm
bogomips        : 2595.22

cheers Martin
--
-----