Re: [ANNOUNCE] cpufreqd-1.1-rc1 released

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 09:00:28PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 18:55, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> > cpufreqd-1.1-rc1 has been released.
> >
> > This release adds 2 major feature like cpu monitoring and PMU support,
> > plus a bunch of fixes and a workaround to avoid reading
> > /proc/acpi/battery/*/info if your ACPI implementation is very cpu
> > consuming.
> >

> Does this solve the hang problem each time it would check the battery
> status ? (Each time it checked the state on my laptop I could see the
> mouse pointer hand for a moment and the cpu usage of cpufreqd jump to
> 40%-50%).

Here cpu utilization has dropped only a little, but on other systems
where a simple `cat /proc/acpi/battery/*/info` takes half a second the
improvement is much more visible.

Could you test it and report (even off-list) if things are better?

you have to set "acpi_workaround=1" in cpufreqd.conf

thanks
--
mattia
:wq!