Re: [ANNOUNCE] cpufreqd-1.1-rc1 released

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 18:55, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> cpufreqd-1.1-rc1 has been released.
> This release adds 2 major feature like cpu monitoring and PMU support,
> plus a bunch of fixes and a workaround to avoid reading
> /proc/acpi/battery/*/info if your ACPI implementation is very cpu
> consuming.

Does this solve the hang problem each time it would check the battery
status ? (Each time it checked the state on my laptop I could see the
mouse pointer hand for a moment and the cpu usage of cpufreqd jump to
I am actually using acpid to check battery status and its much lighter
on the cpu as long as the dsdt is working properly (i.e acpi bothers
sending the messages).

> packages (clean source, debian-src and debian-i386) are available at:
> http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/cpufreqd
> cpufreqd is meant to be a replacement of the speedstep applet you can
> find on some other OS, it monitors CPU, battery level, AC state and
> running programs and adjusts the frequency governor according to a set
> of rules specified in the config file.
> thanks (and sorry for the noise)
> --
> mattia