Re: [ANNOUNCE] cpufreqd-1.1-rc1 released

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 18:55, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> cpufreqd-1.1-rc1 has been released.
>
> This release adds 2 major feature like cpu monitoring and PMU support,
> plus a bunch of fixes and a workaround to avoid reading
> /proc/acpi/battery/*/info if your ACPI implementation is very cpu
> consuming.

Does this solve the hang problem each time it would check the battery
status ? (Each time it checked the state on my laptop I could see the
mouse pointer hand for a moment and the cpu usage of cpufreqd jump to
40%-50%).
I am actually using acpid to check battery status and its much lighter
on the cpu as long as the dsdt is working properly (i.e acpi bothers
sending the messages).

--
Micha Feigin
michf@math.tau.ac.il