Re: no sound after susped/hibernation

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 08:56, Huba Zsolt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have an IBM Thinkpad T23 which has Intel 82801CA/CAM soundcard. It
> works fine with alsa until the computer goes to suspend/hibernation.
> When it comes back, it has no sound.

Depends on your card.
The standard method is to unload the modules before hibernation and
restart them on wakeup.
For me, starting xmms seems to restore the sound. I haven't found out
yet what it does to reset the card. Will look at the source some time.
There is the swsusp for suspending 2.4.(21|22) kernels. That doesn't
help this problem but you can get on the sourceforge site a suspend
script that can help you handle stopping/restarting tasks/modules.
Look at swsusp.sourceforge.org.
The guy who wrote it is starting work on a 2.6 port (don't know how it
will stand with respect to whats already there).

--
Micha Feigin
michf@math.tau.ac.il