Re: How does Transmeta Crusoe laptop perform on linux?

Hi,

* Paulo Lopes <pmml@netvita.pt> [2003-10-06 12:37]:
>What i'd like to know is if the Transmeta Crusoe processor work fine
>with linux, do i need to apply any patch to the kernel or will it run
>out of the box.

Works right out of the box. People claim that Gentoo is noticeably
faster than binary distributions, but I seriously doubt that anything
but the kernel and maybe the libc will matter much.

>What about the powersavings that transmeta talks about, is it really
>worth?

Yes, my notebook runs for 10 hours on battery. IIRC you need a patch
for this feature though.

Thorsten
--
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.