Re: trouble installing x-window system

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 19:16, Tim Folger wrote:
> Thanks Mitch, I'll give that a try. I was wondering: would it would make
> any difference if I used Tasksel and chose laptop system during the
> installation. (I skipped over tasksel during my first installation
> attempt, and now I'm gearing up for a second try.)
>
> Tim

Shouldn't really change anything. All it does is allow you to select
packages to install in some predefined groups to help simplify and
speedup the process if you don't really know what packages you
want/need.
You should probably avoid it if you want to dist-upgrade to unstable as
there is less chance for trouble on a minimal system.
It will install a few too many packages, but probably not too much.

--
Micha Feigin
michf@math.tau.ac.il