Re: Compiling pcmcia-cs to go with a 2.6.0-test5 kernel.

Hi again,

Alex Polite <m2@plusseven.com> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 07:06:59PM +0200, JG wrote:
> > Are you sure that pcmcia-cs should work with kernel-2.6?
> Not sure at all. Does 2.6 constitute a move away from pcmcia-cs?

Go to google search "pcmcia linux", you will find

Go to the HOWTO, and you will find in section 2.2 Kernel PCMCIA support:

"The kernel PCMCIA code has the same functionality as the driver side of
the pcmcia-cs package. It does not eliminate the need to install the
pcmcia-cs package, since it requires the same user tools (cardmgr,
cardctl, /etc/pcmcia/* files). The drivers in pcmcia-cs can still be
built for 2.4 kernels, so you have a choice of using either the
in-kernel PCMCIA drivers, or the drivers included in pcmcia-cs.
With 2.5 and later kernels, the standalone drivers cannot be used. "

That was NOT that difficult to find.

Please answer to the group/list. Don't CC me.