Re: Hardware router performance

tvn wrote:
Before my computers all connect to a hub and share cable internet by
having one machine runing linux acting as a router (it has 2 nics
connecting to the hub+cable modem).  Now I just got a laptop and
therefore interested in wireless so got a router/switch/ap hardware one.
 It seems that all my internet activities are greatly slow down, slower
response & slower data transfer comparing to the previous setup.  I am
not sure if this is a normal behavior when comparing two types of router
setups or there are some flaws in my hardware router ?

I heard an identical story, in reverse, from a colleague at work, who switched from a hardware router to a Linux system, and noticed a huge improvement. I can get more details if anyone cares.

cheers,
Calum.