Re: wireless linksys wpc11 v3

Egon Willighagen wrote:

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 01:44, GnuLocs wrote:
Egon Willighagen wrote:
On Tuesday 09 September 2003 06:26, Dave Harrison wrote:
I have a PCMCIA wireless card, a Linksys WPC11 v3 card.
As far as I know... this version does not work. Linksys 'updated' the
chipset from version 2.6 to 3 by a Broadcom chipset for which there is no
Linux driver...

Not sure if this is still true with 2.4.22 though... but it was with
I have this version 3 and it works.  The chipset was changed in version
4 after Cisco bought Linksys.

Are you bringing your interface up as eth0 or wlan0?  I get the same
error message but mine works fine.  I'll try and post my config files
later...I'm on my windoze machine right now.

My solution was a bit more dirty... I bought a Linksys access point instead ;)
That comes with a nice web interface through a ethernet, so no problems at all... (Still interested in the config file , btw)

Sorry it took so long, I'm in the process of selling my house and looking for another.

#Wireless card
iface wlan0 inet static
address 192.168.1.xxx
wireless_essid foo
wireless_mode managed
wireless_channel 6
wireless_enc on
wlan_ng_key0 12:34:56:78:90:09:87:65:43:21:ab:cd
wireless_power on

I also have the following modules in /etc/modules