Re: keyboard mapping issues

(Please wrap your lines at ~72 columns.)

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 02:23, Dave Harrison wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have an IBM Thinkpad R31 and Im trying to do a really simple keymapping.
>
> I just want to swap my escape key with my caps lock key.

Debian's X configuration utility (dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86)
allows you to do this within it. Doing it within that is the easy way.

Otherwise, add the line:
	Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps"
In the InputDevice section for your keyboard in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>