mwave modem

Hi, I recently put Debian Woody on a Thinkpad 600E of
mine and everythings gone well but I cant get the
mwave modem working. Just wondering if someone could
give me some tips on where I am going wrong as I am
only new to Linux. I managed to compile my own kernel
and built mwave into the kernel when I did it.

When my computer boots I get:
modprobe: Cant locate module mwave
(which is kind of strange considering I didnt mark it
as a module but built it into the kernel)
Starting Mwave modem: (module mwave did not load)
/etc/init.d/mwavem: error: /dev/modems does not exist.
Exiting

#/proc/mwave
3780i_IRQ 10
3780i_DMA 7
3780i_IO 0x0130
UART_IRQ 3
UART_IO 0x02f8

#/proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 293468 XT-PIC timer
1: 1171 XT-PIC keyboard
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
8: 3 XT-PIC rtc
10: 0 XT-PIC mwave_3780i
11: 0 XT-PIC Texas Instruments PCI1251A, Texas
Instruments PCI 1251A (#2), usb-uhci
14: 1653 XT-PIC ide0
15: 3 XT-PIC ide1
NMI: 0
ERR: 0

#/proc/ioports theres an entry for mwave:
0130-013f : mwave_3780i

Also when I start up mwavem I get a error:
#mwavem
mwave modem, initializing mwave manager...ERROR

Any help to steer me in the right direction to getting
the modem working would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Danny.

http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search