Re: Screen problems with Debian install and USB boot floppies

Thanks so much for all your detailed notes.  I was able to set up the
partitions as required.  The other part of the trick to get the screen
working properly for me was to add the follwing to my boot line:
	vga=791

That fixed up the screen for the rest of the operation.

That suggestion came from Werner Hauser, who wrote:

Try to use framebuffer mode, e.g. enter vga=791 at the boot prompt
or check your BIOS.
    Werner
PS: this questions seems to become a FAQ, I have therefore added
a new section  about common installation caveats to my
unofficial proposal for a Debian Laptop Distribution
http://tuxmobil.org/debian_linux.html

Thanks again,

Lawrence

--
Lawrence Folland                           e-mail: lfolland@uwaterloo.ca
Technical Manager, Research Support        office: MC 3056