Re: Need help on configuring laptop-net

> What I expect is a tool able to set the WHOLE laptop
> configuration according to the current environment.
>
> For example, at home I use my wired network with a Xinerama'd
> Xsession in 16bits. At work, I am using a wireless connection
> and no Xinerama. My printers are different, etc...

Ifupdown is more capable than a lot of people realize, although
of course it should only be used to change the system configuration
as a function of the network environment.  You can put arbitrary
configuration commands on "up" and "down" lines in
/etc/network/interfaces.  You can arbitrarily shuffle configuration
files around as you wish using the mv command.  If you want to
organize such shuffling you can make use of switchconf.  In most
cases, though, I find that there is a better way to implement
dynamic configuration than by shuffling configuration files.
To set the mail relay use the set-mail-relay script that comes in
the ifupdown-roam package[1].  To update /etc/resolv.conf use the
resolvconf package[2].  To update the printer list use a
script like that included in bug report #204847.  To mount and
umount drives use a script like that included in #204750 .  Etc.

[1] http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/ifupdown-roam.html
[2] http://alioth.debian.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1227

--
Thomas