linux-wlan-ng and 128-bit WEP help needed

I'm trying to configure WEP on my WiFi setup consisting of a Microsoft
MN-500 wireless router and Microsoft MN-520 (Prism) NIC in a Debian laptop.

So far, everything is working per design (although I can't figure out how to
read signal strength, background noise level, etc.) with the exception of
WEP.

This is sort of a new area for me.  The router will allow me to enter a hex
string up to 26 characters long, which seems to be about 6 characters too
few to add up to 128 bits.  Still, assuming that's correct and I should
press the "I believe button", what is the syntax for setting that key in
/etc/network/interfaces?  Believe me, I'd *love* to RTFM if only I could
find one.
--
Kirk Strauser