Prism chipset Re: 802.11b cards

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 08:30, criggie wrote:
> Blars - I've got the exact same setup here.  I bought an Intersil
> Prism-based chipset (a DLink DWL-500 card which is a DWL-650 PCMCIA card
> in a PCI adapter) and on the linux box I use the hostAP module.  This
> provides all of the functionality of an access point inside the card's
> hardware, rather than in software.
>
> Search google for "hostap" and "prism"  I'll email you some links from
> work later today.

Big table of chipsets on cards - very useful
http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html4.html

Another list of Prism2 cards
http://www.personaltelco.net/index.cgi/Prism2Card

HostAP utils in debian
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/hostap-utils.html

HostAP driver info
http://hostap.epitest.fi/

Shotgun aerial - the classic pringles can improved.
http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/448

Intersil - makers of the prism chipsets
http://www.intersil.com/design/prism/ss/p2smtrx.asp

Hardware Comparison
http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/HardwareComparison

More generic info on devices and drivers in linux - covers other
chipsets too.
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Linux.Wireless.drivers.html

Yes - I'm karma whoring, but these links helped me out.