IBM T40p 2.6.0-test3 Mouse Support

Debian laptop users of the world,

I was wondering if anyone else with a T40 is using a working 2.6.0-test3
kernel.  I can make a kernel that will boot and start gdm but I have no
mouse support.  I've tried a few .config files I found on the internet
for earlier versions, but no luck.

If anyone has advice on how to get the ibm eraserhead mouse thing to
work in 2.6, it does with my 2.4.18 kernel, I would love to hear what
you have to say.

Also if there is any info that would help anyone out I would be happy to
supply it.  I've put my config file at
http://ambient.2y.net/pete/config.txt if anyone wants to look at it.
I'm using the 2.6.0-test3 kernel for kernel.org.

And, I tried to just go with 2.4.21 but it would not compile.  Some kind
of weird unexpected end of line error.

Thanks,

Pete