Re: ATI Radeon Mobility

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 10:36, David Fokkema wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 04:34:41PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> > Any thoughts on ATI Radeon Mobility 7000, 7500 and alike?
> Thank you all for your reactions. Summary: 7000 (Joris thinks he has
> one) works great, 7500 works fine and the 9000 works smoothly. Some need
> X4.3, some need the newest patches. Am I correct in understanding that
> support for ATI is just great? I don't think there are other mobile
> cards which are so well supported, are there?

just to pitch in here, with 3d, one thing to be careful of, a lot of
laptops use 1400x1050 as their native res (like my thinkpad T30), and
only have 16mb of video ram, running this at 32bpp is too much to do dri
on! you can drop it down to 16bpp, or you can drop the res down a little
(undesirable, as it'll get scaled, or leave borders, as mentioned
elsewhere in this thread). Just thought I'd share this, as I discovered
it last weekend, after tearing my hair out for a while over it

Barry Hughes                 <bazza@bazza.com>              http://bazza.com/
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and
give the wrong answers