From: Xavier Maillard [mailto:xavier.maillard@gnu-rox.org]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 4:14 PM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: experience with late model laptops?

What about a PCG-Z1SP sony model ? This is what I am planning to buy in a
few months (2-3). Does anybody have feedback for this model ?

Thx,

XM

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:50:25 -0400
Luc Lefebvre <luc.lefebvre@mcgill.ca> wrote:

> I'm also looking into either Toshiba, Dell, or Apple, to run unstable.
The main purpose of the machine will be to run comedi <for data acquisition>
and burn CDs for data archiving.  I have experience running Debian potato
<on desktop> and Woody <on an IBM laptop>.  I have been scouring the
tuxmobil.org website <very informative> and there is one account of an
install <RH9> on a Tecra S1.  I was looking at the Satellite Pro 6100
<because there appears to be more experience "out there" with it>.  You will
also find some good links related to Toshiba at the bottom of the
tuxmobil.org/toshiba.html page.  The same would apply for Dell <been looking
at the Inspirion 8500 and the Latitude D800, I emailed them <Dell a question
some days ago and am still waiting for a response, must say this is wearing
at my enthousiasm for Dell...>.

> It would also appear that the Apple hardware is pretty well supported
<again from what I can glean from tuxmobil penguinppc.org.  I'm at the stage
now where I've read enough to not know what I want anymore...

listmaster@lists.debian.org