From: Jeff Griffiths [mailto:jeff@anisotropic.net]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 12:23 PM
To: Provost, Stephane
Cc: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: experience with late model laptops?

Provost, Stephane wrote:

> My $0.02. If you're looking for cheaper stuff, try www.powernotebooks.com.
> It's sort of a grey market of the laptops, worth giving it a shot. At
least,
> I got an answer the same day.

with a specific reference to the 'Sager NP4020' model on the 15" page on
the site, and also targeted generally at laptops that use desktop P4s:

i have an earlier model of this laptop, it is a generic model marketed
by a number of companies including alienware and eurcom in north
america. I have unstable running on it with most functionality
available, but i haven't tried to access firewire, USB etc and don't yet
have dri running.

also, these things run _HOT_ and have crappy battery life. i would
recommend in these cases to go with a centrino-based laptop for most
uses, but i'm not sure where linux support for this is at. anyone? bueller?

->jeff