USB Mouse on compaq 2135US

Hi all,
I have been trying to get this to work for a while with no luck. I can
get the mouse to work with knoppix so I am guessing that it is not
broken.

I am using 2.4.20 with acpi patch

Here is the relevant lsmod entries...
usb-ohci               17632   0 (unused)
mousedev                3808   0 (unused)
input                   3264   0 [mousedev]  <--in knoppix this is [hid
mousedev]
hid                    14656   0 (unused)
usbcore                55360   0 [usb-ohci hid]

Here is my Xfree86 entry...
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "USB Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
#       Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
        Option          "Buttons"               "5"
EndSection

If I plug the mouse in I get dmesg....
hub.c: new USB device 00:02.0-1, assigned address 3
hiddev0: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB Mouse] on usb1:3.0

Anyway, I think i had it working at one point but i cannot figure out
what I did. If anyone has any idea i would really appreciate it. thx.

Loren A. Linden Levy
481 Loomis, Department of Physics
1110 W. Green St., Urbana, IL 61801-3080
Tel:   217-244-7995   Fax: 217-333-1215
Email: lindenle@uiuc.edu
url:   http://w3.physics.uiuc.edu/~lindenle/

"I see great things in baseball.  It's our
game - the American game. It [baseball] will
take our people out-of-doors, fill them with
oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism.
Tend to relieve us from being a nervous,
dyspeptic set. Repair these losses, and be a
blessing to us."

    --Walt Whitman