Re: exim on laptops: smarthost on demand

Le 12261ième jour après Epoch,
Andreas Gredler écrivait:

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 11:23:45AM -0300, Christian Lyra wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 	I use to use the ifupdown-roaming package. With this package the machine
>> automagically detect the right network and may run custom commands. So, to
>> solve your problem is only a matter of putting a little script on the "up /
>> down" network interface section.
>>
>> 	You can have two exim configuration files, let?s say, exim.conf-home and
>> exim.conf-other. On the "up" interface command you choose the right one, link
>> it to exim.conf, and restart exim.
>>
>> 	ah... of course... you can hack /etc/init.d/exim too, and choose the right
>> config file at start.
>
> This is not the problem. The problem is to avoid two configuration files
> for exim when only a couple of lines are different. It is also hard to
> keep the configurations in sync. Imagine, you have 3 or 4, or even more,
> configurations for exim, you change a line and then you have to copy the
> new configuration 3 or 4 times and change every config file so that the
> smarthost entries are not lost.

I agree. I need a good solution without managing N exim.conf files. But thanks
a lot. (I use ifplugd, and it is doing a good job)

One solution is probably to have 2 or 3 routers configurations in the exim file...

In my case, I must use smarthost @home, and lookup @other ... So we can probably use
something like:

### ROUTERS ###

smarthost:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
  require_files = /var/run/I_am_at_home
  route_list = "* my.smart.host bydns_a"

lookuphost:
  driver = lookuphost
  transport = remote_smtp

literal:
  driver = ipliteral
  transport = remote_smtp

So, if the file /var/run/I_am_at_home is present, the smarthost router will work, and
if not present, lookuphost or ipliteral will be selected.

I have no time yet to test this solution, but if I do, I tell you.

--
			DELETE A FORTUNE!
Don't some of these fortunes just drive you nuts?!