Re: Trying to use "ifup wlan0" on PCMCIA card

At 2003-07-25T14:21:51Z, Tim Sailer <sailer@bnl.gov> writes:

> After getting the modules loaded, try:
>
> wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable

That's the line from /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/linux-wlan-ng-pre-up that's
failing.  Whether I run the command manually or via "ifup wlan0", it fails.

That's my sticking point; doesn't cardmgr just do the appropriate modprobes
and ifups whenever it finds a new PCMCIA card?  I have the same modules
loaded that cardmgr installed whenever I let it configure the interface.
--
Kirk Strauser