Re: I need a Kernel which supports sounds AND PCMCIA!

Peter Salisbury wrote:

Hi, can anyone help?

I've been going along OK with an old ThinkPad 380ED using a Woody install upgraded to testing (sarge). I'm running with the Woody default kernel 2.2.20-idepci. It works fine with my PCMCIA NIC and all was well except the sound.

Reading around it seems the default kernel has no sound modules so I thought I'd upgrade to a new kernel. I tried 2.2.20 and 2.4.18 but had the following problem with both:

At boot and when I do a "/etc/init.d/pcmcia start" I get the error:

i82365.o: unresolved symbol: isapnp_find_dev_R999...

One place I found suggested changing the PCIC entry in /etc/defaults/pcmcia from i82365 to yenta_socket but this just made things worse!

Any ideas anyone?

TIA, Peter

Just compile your own kernel.... get the 2.4.21 kernel from kernel.org and look at this: http://www.linuxhelpnetwork.net/tutorials/compile-kernel.php

good luck.