Re: Mozilla fonts

thanks for responses. my system already has TT fonts (copied over from my Windows installation). I swicthed on TT support in /usr/lib/mozilla/defaults/pref/unix.js. When I fire up Moz, it takes its time installing the new fonts, until an error occurs:

<snip>
font /usr/share/fonts/msfonts/zorque.tt    226 glyphs (2 invalid)
font /usr/share/fonts/msfonts/zrnic___.tt    527 glyphs (351 invalid)
font /usr/share/fonts/msfonts/fonts.cache-1 FreeType failed to open, error=0

Moz starts up anyway; but when I go Preferences->Appearances->Fonts, it crashes.

The above behavior is reproducible.

ls -l of /usr/share/fonts/ :

drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Jul 16 16:54 vera
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Jul 17 00:31 type1
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root        12288 Jul 17 00:31 msfonts
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           52 Jul 20 23:33 fonts.cache-1

cat fonts.cache-1:

"vera" 0 ".dir"
"msfonts" 0 ".dir"
"type1" 0 ".dir"

there is a similar fonts.cache-1 inside msfonts. Apparently Moz does not like these files.

Help?

-keith