Re: laptops, centrino and debian

Provost, Stephane wrote:
- if anybody recently bought a centrino, would you be kind of enough to tell
me what model/brand/specs, if it works well, if you're happy, etc ?

I have several Sony Vaio Z1-AP1s and have been very happy with them. The first OS to boot was Knoppix 3.2. I did an HD install of that dist-upgraded to unstable. They work very well with the exception of the built in wireless card (Intel PRO/Wireless 2100), which at this point has no drivers available (there was a discussion of this on LKML).

Here is a site that discusses RH9 on this machine:
http://www.mp3dev.org/z1a/

I particularly recommend this machine for its large screen 1400x1050 and relatively light weight (<5 lbs)

Austin Godber