laptops, centrino and debian

Hi all,

[Note: it's slightly off-topic :)]

Some people are talking about stolen laptops, some others are selling,
well... I'm buying, perhaps.

I was wondering if anybody had opinions on this new breed of notebooks with
the Centrino technology. By looking at websites and reviews, I selected the
following ones:

- Dell Latitude D600 or D800. I think the nVidia Geforce 4200 is a
requirement to achieve decent 3D (eventhough Debian doesn't really care, I
want to do some gaming under <gasp> Window$). They have good reviews
apparently, even if some people really like Dells and others really hate
them.

- unbranded laptops, such as found on http://www.powernotebooks.com (no, I
am doing free advertisement, it was the only website I could find). They
have centrino ones (although they're using an ATI GPU) and they are quite
cheaper.

So my questions are:
- is it dangerous to use the latest chipsets (centrino has Intel 855MP) as
far as drivers are concerned ? Should I expect Debian to install right off
the bat ?
- are Dells or Toshibas or XXX _really_ better than unbranded ones ?
(unbranded means made by some taiwanese maker in my case) ? Would there be
the same issues about installing Debian ?
- if anybody recently bought a centrino, would you be kind of enough to tell
me what model/brand/specs, if it works well, if you're happy, etc ?

I am asking here because I really didn't find much info and reviews.

Thanks a bunch !

--Stephane