Re: First timer attempting to start from scratch with installation of all on laptop. HELP!!!

Hi,

* Tania Bristowe <taniabristowe@hawknet.co.nz> [2003-07-06 10:55]:
>I really don't know where to begin. I bought the Dell Latitude CPxH500GT from a ligitimate auction.
>
>It is as follows;       Pentium III-500, 128MB, Vid memory(8MB), Level 2 cache - 256MB
>                            BIOS Version A05
>
>I need to install drivers for everything. Where do I start?

You should have a look at Knoppix, which runs from CD. If it works for
you, you could get it on disk to speed up access and free the CD drive.

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

Thorsten
--
It is exactly because markets are amoral that we cannot
leave the allocation of resources entirely to them.