Re: wireless problems

Hello Paul!

> > Sid.
>
> > Socket 0:
> >   product info: "SMC", "2632W", "", ""
> > 	manfid: 0x01bf, 0xb301
> > 	function: 6 (network)
>
> I have the (original?) 2632W, which does work with hostap and
> linux-wlan-ng:
>   product info: "SMC", "SMC2632W", "Version 01.02", ""
>   manfid: 0x0156, 0x0002
>   function: 6 (network)
>
> > Do I need the linux-wlan-ng or do I need an other package?
>
> Reportedly the 2632W v.2 and v.3 have different hardware and require the
> Atmel driver: http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/news.html .  This
> seems to be available in sid:
>
> $ apt-cache search atmelwlan
> atmelwlandriver-source - Driver source for Atmel based Wireless adaptors
> USB/PCI/PCMCIA
> atmelwlandriver-tools - Driver source for Atmel based Wireless adaptors USB/PCI/PCMCIA

It is card working with amtel. The led is green.

Now another question?
Where can I read something about the parameter using with wireless. And
an example for config the interfaces-file.
It is not working

/etc/networking/interface
# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
		address 192.168.2.100
		netmask 255.255.255.0
		network 192.168.2.0
		broadcast 192.168.2.255
		gateway 192.168.2.1

auto eth1
#iface eth1 inet dhcp
iface eth1 inet static
		wireless yes
		wireless_mode managed
		wireless_essid default
		address 192.168.2.203
		netmask 255.255.255.0
		network 192.168.2.0
		broadcast 192.168.2.255
		gateway 192.168.2.1
#		wireless_mode ad_hoc
		#wireless_essid mywlan
		#wireless_nick mylaptop
#		wireless_channel 1
                                                               .--.
                                                              |o_o |
                                                              ||_/ |
  Michael                                                  /'\_   _/`\
--
  |  Michael Ott, Glockenhofstr. 29a, 90478 Nuernberg   |