Re: ACPI Kernel 2.4.20

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 09:09:01AM -0500, L. A. Linden Levy wrote:
> Hi all debian and laptop lovers,
>
> I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to suspend my
> laptop. I have a compaq presario 2150US and I have a APCI patched 2.4.20
> kernel. I thought all I had to do was ==>> echo "S4" > /proc/acpi/sleep.
> But this seems to have no effect can someone help me out? Has anyone got
> sleep working on there compaq? Any help or directions for help would be
> great.

S4 is not implemented in 2.4 kernels.  You may want to try swsusp
instead.

S4bios is implemented, but is higly experimental though.

Forgot to say that actually the correct syntax is
echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep

You don't have to pass the letter 'S'.

Cheers,

--
Ducrot Bruno

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.