Re: ACPI Kernel 2.4.20

Hi all debian and laptop lovers,

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to suspend my
laptop. I have a compaq presario 2150US and I have a APCI patched 2.4.20
kernel. I thought all I had to do was ==>> echo "S4" > /proc/acpi/sleep.
But this seems to have no effect can someone help me out? Has anyone got
sleep working on there compaq? Any help or directions for help would be
great.

Thanks much in advance.

Oh yeah and Debian rules!!!!

Loren A. Linden Levy
481 Loomis, Department of Physics
1110 W. Green St., Urbana, IL 61801-3080
Tel:   217-244-7995   Fax: 217-333-1215
Email: lindenle@uiuc.edu
url:   http://w3.physics.uiuc.edu/~lindenle/

"I see great things in baseball.  It's our
game - the American game. It [baseball] will
take our people out-of-doors, fill them with
oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism.
Tend to relieve us from being a nervous,
dyspeptic set. Repair these losses, and be a
blessing to us."

    --Walt Whitman