Re: 2.4 Kernel Stability

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 03:49:30 -0400
James <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> I need many of the new features in a 2.4 based kernel on my portable.
> However, I like the Stable
> packages, as I have not had any issues, except my own lack of knowledge
> of Debian on a laptop.

If you have a laptop you're more likely than desktop-only users to benefit
from a custom kernel:

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html

Read the whole thing first.

http://linux-laptops.net

is a link all laptop users should be familiar with. Among other things, you
may find working kernel configurations for your machine. A config file for
any kernel since about <reaches way up, pulls out> 2.4.15 should be a good
start if it's for your machine.

The debian-laptop list is good too.

Kevin