Re: First Aid CD

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 09:58:15AM -0400, Dave wrote:
> I'm having a difficult time finding another owner of a Panasonic CF-62 Toughbook.  I need the CD version of the FirstAid Boot Disk.  Your thread has been one of the few that even come close.  Panasonic doesn't supply additional disks except for floppy.  Can you refer me to a possible source or someone I could get a dub from.  I just purchased a CF-62 second hand.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

If it's debian you're running on that system, perhaps the original
diagnostic disc would only be of limited use, anyway.  Unless you've
lost your hibernation volume.  (In which case we can ask, what's its
BIOS flavor? We may have an answer for that too.)

I use Knoppix as a rescue CD sometimes
	* http://www.knopper.net/knoppix
		80 Minute runs-from-CD debian based distro
		with bells, whistles, and trimmings.
		You can buy a disc from cheapbytes if this is
		too huge a download.

In the worst case you can make it reinstall a debian setup.

If it's not debian on that system, this won't make any sense, and you're
in the wrong place...

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...
                * Starshine Technical Services -*- 800 938 4078