Re: Proxy-configuration for different network-localtions

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:29:56 +0200
"Frank Niedermann" <fbn@gmx.net> wrote:

> is it possible to automatically change the proxy settings
> on Mozilla browser for example while connecting into a
> different network with the laptop?
> At home I don't have a proxy but my company uses one.

Life would be so much easier if dhcpd could hand out a line saying
"option http-proxy http://192.168.1.2:3128/"; and clients just used
that...

However...  the best option would be to write a short script for boot
time that does something like this:

unset http_proxy
ping -c 1 proxy.company.com > /dev/null && setenv http_proxy
http://proxy.company.com/

Does Mozilla look at the http_proxy setting?  or you might have to copy
ini files around.