Please help with my network card

Dear Friends,
I am trying to get Sarge installed on my brand new Thinkpad T40.

This little gem has an "Intel(r) Pro/1000 MT Mobile Connection" Gigabit
Ethernet card on board.

I am not able to get this working and am therefore stuck since Sarge netinst
CD works but has no network and Sarge full ISO CD (made with Jigdo
yesterday) does not seem to be working ocrrectly at all (does not find
libc6-udeb or similar despite the CD checking correctly).

Any help very much appreciated.

Exact machine type for anyone who would care is a 237392G with a Pentium M
1.6GHz and ATI Radeon 9000 mobility, wireless etc.

Thank you. Bob Alexander