Re: battery fsck

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 08:48:32AM +0100, Hugh Saunders wrote:
> hello, this maybe a bit of a long shot, but.. It really annoys me when i
> boot up with not much battery left and it decides its done 33 mounts or
> whatever so is gonna fsck. Is there a way of specifying no fsck when on
> battery? or can i pass a kernel parameter to prevent fsck?
> [using ext3]

man tune2fs:

 -c max-mount-counts
    Adjust the maximal mounts count between two filesystem checks.
    If max-mount-counts is 0 then the number of times the filesystem is
    mounted will be disregarded by e2fsck(8) and the kernel.

Should work with ext3, too.

--
LuMriX - XML Search Engine - http://www.lumrix.de/